Monday, January 6, 2020

FROM 1980 TO 2020


FORTY YEARS OF TOTAL COMMITMENT TO THE DENTAL PROFESSION


In my wildest imagination, I could never imagine writing a "last" blog; or article; or dental textbook chapter; or newsletter; or consulting report; or seminar outline.

Writing is what I do, and so much of who I am. It is how I communicate with the thousands of dentists and team members with whom I have interacted over the past 40 years. Writing to help dentists, their practice, and the profession itself is as natural to me as breathing.

I still recall a conversation with a long-term client about 15 years ago in which I laughingly assured him I'd never retire, but simply keel over at my desk one midnight as I pushed to meet some deadline.

However:

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, …a time to weep and a time to laugh, …a time to be silent and a time to speak… I know that there is nothing better for men than to be happy and do good while they live. That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all toil—this is the gift of God. —Ecclesiastes 3:1-8, 12-13

I have found supreme satisfaction in my toil for dentists and their profession!

But the time has come to lay down my pen, put aside my computer's use for professional writing, and focus instead on email, USPS mail, or cell phone to stay in contact with friends and clients.

I treasure the invaluable friendships I've formed with dentists and team members these past 40 years; I look forward to continued contact. Dentistry and dental professionals have enriched my life beyond measure. Words simply fail me when I try to describe what the profession and its practitioners have meant and continue to mean to me.

Thank you for allowing me to become a part of the finest profession populated by the kindest, most caring, concerned, skilled practitioners in the world. I appreciate your years of support for my consulting and writing work and for our company, Practicon, Inc.

As many of you know, my three children, my son-in-law, and one of my grandsons are among Practicon's 65 associates. Our awesome team is dedicated to the profession and to each dentist and his/her team, as well as to each individual practice. Our tag line, Practical Innovations for Dentistry, describes our product line while our company values describe the way in which we serve clients and customers: Do Right; Do Better; Do Together.

Please remember that many practice management tips/pearls, statistics, forms, letters, and insights are available at the Practicon website under Free Resources for your Practice. And be sure to peruse past blogs and articles in the archives for topics of interest.

My heartfelt thanks to each of you for 40 years filled with wonderful experiences that have generated golden memories.

Ann

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise, Ann. I'm sure your writings have had a positive impact on countless dentists and dental practices. We wish you the best.