Tuesday, March 11, 2014

“WHATEVER IT TAKES”---A MANTRA FOR 2014 AND HENCEFORTH


When beginning practice, most newly-minted dentists have a vision, a goal, a dream of having a successful practice that provides top-quality care for patients, a comfortable lifestyle for his/her own family, and a nice living for staff members and their families as well.  To fulfill this vision takes determination, diligent hard work, perseverance, honesty, high ethical standards, and a commitment to being and doing the BEST.

Proverbs 13:4 in the New International Version of the Bible puts it this way: “The sluggard (lazy person) craves and gets nothing, but the desires of the diligent (hard workers) are fully satisfied.”  An anonymous quotation in the business world is appropriate here: ”Success doesn’t come from being 100% better than your competition, but from being 1% better in 100 different ways.”

Suggestion: work this year to inspire your dental team, yourself included, to follow the wisdom of American poet, editor, pastor, and teacher William Arthur Ward, 1921-1994:

            “I will do more than belong---I will participate.  I will do more than care---I will help.  I will do more than believe---I will practice.  I will do more than be fair---I will be kind.  I will do more than forgive---I will forget.  I will do more than dream---I will work.  I will do more than teach---I will inspire.  I will do more than learn---I will enrich.  I will do more than give---I will serve.  I will do more than live---I will grow.  I will do more than suffer---I will triumph.”

“Whatever it takes”---I will do what is right.

No comments: