Monday, September 18, 2017

DO IT BECAUSE I SAY SO!

Thirty-seven years ago, as a newbie in the dental office, I attended a seminar presented by a well-respected practice management expert. After he made one particularly prudent point, he followed with the words, “Do it because I say so, dammit!” That phrase (minus the slang) stuck with me during the ensuing years as a practice management consultant. Although I’ve seldom used that exact phrase (minus the slang) with clients, I’m using it now to urge you readers to do something positive for yourself and your practice.

Many dentists agree that the most difficult tasks in the office are not the clinical decisions and treatment delivery. Rather, the difficulties and stresses come primarily from management challenges—personnel administration, fiscal management including production, collections, and cost control, meeting increasingly intrusive government rules and regulations, personal retirement planning, investment strategies and other financial issues, the reality of managed care and corporate dentistry invading the dental profession, and so on. One publication that addresses all of these issues plus many others with sound advice written clearly and succinctly is The McGill Advisory.

The McGill Advisory is a monthly publication by John K. McGill and Company, Inc. I have mentioned this publication previously, but now I am challenging you to subscribe for at least one year because I say so! I believe you will find The McGill Advisory an invaluable aide in managing your practice. As I write this posting, I have just finished reading the July 2017 issue and found it filled with pertinent, practical ideas and advice in articles like, “How to Provide Cost-Effective Health Benefits to Attract and Keep Your Top Employees”, “Don’t Lose $2,196,000 to this Tax Trap”, and “Boost Practice Performance by Firing Problem Employees Now!” Many other topics are covered as well in the July issue.

Please note: I have no connection whatsoever with the McGill Advisory, its owners, or staff. I simply want Practicon clients and customers to have a variety of sound advice from seasoned, respected management, financial, and legal experts. And I believe The McGill Advisory can add significantly to the information I share with you here at Practicon’s website. For subscription information, go to mcgilladvisory.com or call 1-888-249-7537.

No comments: