Monday, February 18, 2019

WHO SAID THAT?

KERNELS OF WISDOM IN FEW WORDS

One of my hobbies is collecting quotations, proverbs, slogans, maxims, adages, and the like. Even bumper stickers catch my eye. I find that snippets of wisdom and humor abound in these brief phrases. Many dental teams use short quotations to open or close their daily huddle and/or monthly team meeting. So I'd like to share some of my favorites with you:
Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
St. Francis of Assisi

Teamwork divides the task and doubles the success.
Anonymous

People are about as happy as they make up their mind to be.
Abraham Lincoln

I hear, I forget. I see, I remember. I do, I understand.
Confucius

When the only tool you have is a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail.
Abraham Maslow

Attitude determines how well you do it.
Lou Holtz

Another flaw in the human character is that everyone wants to build, and nobody wants to do maintenance.
Kurt Vonnegut

The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it.
Epicurus

May the road rise to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields,
And, until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Irish Benediction

And be sure to check out our Free Resources for Your Practice for additional insights, information, and practice management tips.

No comments: